Friday, September 11, 2009

Encapsulated night.

It seems like tonight is a quiet night. I'm sitting here bustling with excitement from the news I received earlier today. I feel the need to direct this energy in someway, but the night is a reserved one. Beginning September 21, I will be working as Program Coordinator for UC Riverside's Asian Pacific Student Programs. It's been quite a long process since I first applied for this position. Although it is all the way in Riverside and the pay decent enough, it is a position that fits me really well and one I hope to love.

After speaking on the phone with Joe Virata, Director of UC Riverside's Asian Pacific Student Programs, I went to hangout with my friend Grace Young. It was really nice to say the least. It was also something I felt like I owed to her. She has been a great friend these past few years even though I wasn't around as much as I had liked. We spent a long while sitting up on the grassy knolls, smoking Camel No. 9s and talking about life. We briefly spoke about considering each other as family here, in Irvine. Despite her distant travels to San Gabriel or South Africa, along with my own absences, I'm glad it's always simple enough to resume our lives where we left off; like family.

2 comments: