Saturday, September 5, 2009

Designing royal.

I never really talked about why I designed the SPOP staff shirt the way I did. I briefly touched on it within a SPOP sweatshirt forum discussion. I thought I'd share a small excerpt from my post:
When I designed the SPOP staff shirts, there were a lot of subtlety I tried to convey through it. For instance, the lion is usually a symbol seen in royalty, but not a lot of people see that because it's not portrayed as that "traditional" medieval lion that is often seen. Progression is always a good thing, and sometimes unconventionality is something that needs to be conveyed. Another example of subtlety in design, is the upside down crown that is on the front of the SPOP staff shirt. I purposely made the crown upside down, because although we are "royal" year, we have to remember that we are human, and we are not always on top/ above others. Remember when we staff, the incoming students/ your spoppers are your peers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment