Thursday, February 26, 2009

"You are capable of tremendous creativity" (2/26/09).

Today was satisfying.  Today was good.

It started with wanting something, and then we went out and got it.  It was that simple.

Came back and volunteered for Vietnamese American Coalition's Shadow Day.  It was my first involvement with a high school outreach program at UC Irvine.  It was quite interesting, getting up and presenting a few words about my school and major among a panel of peers to these excited high schoolers.  I believe the best part of my day was when we went on a tour, showing the students around half the campus.  It was a really small group of maybe eight or so aspiring social science/ social ecology students.  I liked that it was a smaller crowd, because I felt we made that much of a stronger connection with them.  I really didn't realize our impact until one of them came up to my friend and I to thank us before leaving the campus.

I imagine this was only a glimpse of what it would be like if I ever was a SPOP staffer.

Feelings of satisfaction, and the day is not even over.

1 comment:

  1. "It started with wanting something, and then we went out and got it. It was that simple."

    and that's all it took buddy

    ReplyDelete